- Venue : JR Hakata City Conference Rooms, Fukuoka, Japan
- Dates : Sunday 11 November (arrival day) to Saturday 17 November 2018 (departure day)
SIDE 13 is the thirteenth in a series of biennial conferences devoted to Symmetries and Integrability of Difference Equations, and in particular to: ordinary and partial difference equations, analytic difference equations, orthogonal polynomials and special functions, symmetries and reductions, discrete differential geometry, integrable discrete systems on graphs, integrable dynamical mappings, (discrete) Painlevé equations, integrability criteria, Yang-Baxter type equations, cluster algebras, difference Galois theory, quantum mappings, quantum field theory on space-time lattices, representation theory, combinatorics, numerical models of differential equations, discrete stochastic models and other related topics.
The first SIDE conference took place in Estérel, Quebec, Canada, May 22-29, 1994. The event was so successful that it gave rise to the series of conferences since held in the United Kingdom, Italy, Japan, France, Finland, Germany, Australia, Bulgaria, China, India and Canada.
SIDE 13 will take place at JR Hakata City Conference Rooms, in Fukuoka, Japan, from November 11, 2018 (arrival day) to November 17, 2018 (departure day). JR Hakata City is located within JR Hakata Station in Fukuoka, and is just five minutes travel from Fukuoka Airport by subway. Fukuoka is one of the oldest historic cities in Japan and famous for its excellent local food. Transportation to and from other major cities in Japan is frequent and reasonably fast: there are more than 60 flights per day from Tokyo (1:30), and more than 70 JR Shinkansen trains per day from Osaka (typically 2:30).
In general, all talks will be allotted 30 minutes (including discussions). A poster session will be organized and each presenter will have a short two minute oral presentation to advertise the poster. Poster Awards will be organized for students and early career researchers.
There will be no parallel sessions.
Instead of publishing proceedings we plan to arrange a book of extended abstracts (1 page each in A4 size).
Limited financial support, mainly for early career researchers and students giving presentations, will be available. Details will be given in later announcements.
Other information such as concerning the registration fee and detailed submission guidelines will also be given in later announcements.
Important Dates (tentative)
- Registration and Submission opens May 1 2018
- Early bird registration deadline: September 15 2018
- Final deadline: September 30 2018
- Submission deadline for Titles and Abstracts July 31 2018
- Notification of the result of each application will be sent on 10 August 2018
SIDE Series Website
- SIDE12: 2016 Sainte-Adele ,Canada
- SIDE11: 2014 Bangalore, India
- SIDE10: 2012 Xikou, Ningbo, China
- SIDE9: 2010 Varna, Bulgaria
- SIDE8.5: 2009 Cambridge, UK
- SIDE8: 2008 Ste-Adèle, Québec, Canada
- SIDE7: 2006 Melbourne, Australia
- SIDE6.5: 2005 Munich, Germany
- SIDE6: 2004 Helsinki, Finland
- SIDE5: 2002 Giens, France
- SIDE4: 2000 Tokyo, Japan
- SIDE3: 1998 Sabaudia, Italy
- SIDE2: 1996 Canterbury, Kent, UK
- SIDE1: 1994 Esterel, Québec, Canada