- Venue : JR Hakata City Conference Rooms, Fukuoka, Japan
- Dates : Sunday 11 November (arrival day) to Saturday 17 November 2018 (departure day)
SIDE 13 is the thirteenth in a series of biennial conferences devoted to Symmetries and Integrability of Difference Equations, and in particular to: ordinary and partial difference equations, analytic difference equations, orthogonal polynomials and special functions, symmetries and reductions, discrete differential geometry, integrable discrete systems on graphs, integrable dynamical mappings, (discrete) Painlevé equations, integrability criteria, Yang-Baxter type equations, cluster algebras, difference Galois theory, quantum mappings, quantum field theory on space-time lattices, representation theory, combinatorics, numerical models of differential equations, discrete stochastic models and other related topics.
The first SIDE conference took place in Estérel, Quebec, Canada, May 22-29, 1994. The event was so successful that it gave rise to the series of conferences since held in the United Kingdom, Italy, Japan, France, Finland, Germany, Australia, Bulgaria, China, India and Canada.
SIDE 13 will take place at JR Hakata City Conference Rooms, in Fukuoka, Japan, from November 11, 2018 (arrival day) to November 17, 2018 (departure day). JR Hakata City is located within JR Hakata Station in Fukuoka, and is just five minutes travel from Fukuoka Airport by subway. Fukuoka is one of the oldest historic cities in Japan and famous for its excellent local food. Transportation to and from other major cities in Japan is frequent and reasonably fast: there are more than 60 flights per day from Tokyo (1:30), and more than 70 JR Shinkansen trains per day from Osaka (typically 2:30).
It is expected that the number of participants to the meeting will exceed the number of available slots for talks and posters. The scientific committee will therefore have to make a selection of proposed presentations. Applicants will be informed of the decision of the scientific committee by August 10 2018.
In general, all talks will be allotted 30 minutes (including discussions). A poster session will be organized and each presenter will have a short two minute oral presentation to advertise the poster. Poster Awards will be organized for students and early career researchers.
There will be no parallel sessions.
Instead of publishing proceedings we plan to arrange a book of abstracts (1 page each in A4 size).
- Registration and Submission opens May 1 2018
- Early bird registration deadline: September 15 2018
- Final deadline: September 30 2018
- Submission deadline for Titles and Abstracts July 31 2018
- Notification of the result of each application: August 10 2018
- Financial support application deadline: June 15 2018
- Notification of financial support: July 15 2018
Registration Fee and Related Costs
- Registration fee:
- 30,000 JPY (Until September 15 2018)
- 35,000 JPY (After September 15 2018)
- Conference dinner:
- 8,000 JPY
- 2,000 JPY
Accompanying persons will not be required to pay the registration fee. However, if they choose to attend, the conference dinner and excursion will be charged as above.
Currently, accommodation for participants has been secured in blocks at:
- Hyatt Regency Fukuoka: (rates to be confirmed)
- Hakata Green Hotel No.1: 10,000 JPY
- Hotel Cliocourt Hakata: 10,500 JPY
- Reisenkaku Hotel Ekimae: 7,700 (6,700) JPY
- ANA Crowne Plaza Hotel Fukuoka: 20,000 JPY
- Hakata Ekimae SB Hotel: (rates to be confirmed)
- Hotel Route-Inn Hakata Ekimae: 9,000 JPY
- Hotel Hokke Club Fukuoka: 10,700 (9,500) JPY
- JR Kyushu Hotel Blossom Hakata Chuo: 10,100 (8,800) JPY (w double bed)
- Dukes Hotel Hakata: (rates to be confirmed)
The above rates refer to single rooms with breakfast per night (w/o breakfast inside the braces). Rooms with double bed or two beds will be available on request.
The above rooms will be available through the online accommodation booking system which will be prepared together with an online registration system by the organizing committee. November is high season in Fukuoka and sometimes it is difficult to book accommodation. For example, the Sumo (Japanese traditional wrestling) tournament will be held in Fukuoka during November 11-25 which is expected to make the booking tight. It is highly recommended to secure the booking sufficiently early if you would like to stay at other hotels.
Limited financial support, mainly for early career researchers and students giving presentations, will be available. The deadline of application will be June 15 and the result will be notified July 15.
- Early Career Researchers:
- Researchers within five years after obtaining their Ph.D degree, counted from May 1 2018.
Other information such as detailed submission guidelines will be given in later announcements.
SIDE Series Website
- SIDE12: 2016 Sainte-Adele ,Canada
- SIDE11: 2014 Bangalore, India
- SIDE10: 2012 Xikou, Ningbo, China
- SIDE9: 2010 Varna, Bulgaria
- SIDE8.5: 2009 Cambridge, UK
- SIDE8: 2008 Ste-Adèle, Québec, Canada
- SIDE7: 2006 Melbourne, Australia
- SIDE6.5: 2005 Munich, Germany
- SIDE6: 2004 Helsinki, Finland
- SIDE5: 2002 Giens, France
- SIDE4: 2000 Tokyo, Japan
- SIDE3: 1998 Sabaudia, Italy
- SIDE2: 1996 Canterbury, Kent, UK
- SIDE1: 1994 Esterel, Québec, Canada